Friday, May 6, 2011

LED Bulb Replacement


Thanks to free two day shipping from Amazon the LEDs and solar panel came today. I will give an update on the LEDs for now because thats quick and ea
sy. I ordered two of these. Details are as follows:
  • Bulb Type:BA15S Base (Single Contact)
  • 93B2 1156 1141 Bulb Replacement with LED
  • Lumen:80 Lumen Color Temperature:Warm White 3100K
  • Working Voltage:10 - 16 V DC, Power:1.44 Watt
  • LED:15 LEDs, SMD3528
They were packaged very well from LED Wholesalers.


The LEDs are slightly taller and thinner and fit just fine. These are "water proof". I just thought it was a better design. The reviews also noted that in other LEDs that they had purchased they had broken the LEDs off the base putting it into the socket and the glass on these solved that issue. These are the only ones I bought so I don't really know otherwise. I'm very happy with how these feel though.
Old incandescent bulb:
Incandescent covered:
LED:
LED covered.
In the daylight they look to give off about the same light, the LED might even be slightly brighter. These are the 3000k warm led's and I think they are just a tad white and not as harsh as I thought they might be. I can only imagine the 6000k are pretty harsh. I haven't seen them in the dark yet. I'll try to check them out later. I am very happy with them in the daylight though. I was afraid they wouldn't be bright enough at only 80 lumens but they are perfect. These should only use about 1/24th of the power that the old bulbs did too!!

4 comments:

  1. Your Blog is vey nice and it help me getting some knowledge about Led Technology. Thanks for posting it and please keep posting such a nice and informative blogs.. . . LED Candle Bulbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Really I like your blog so much.I read it fully and found so many informative ideas about LED Bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a chance you're eligible to get a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a chance you are qualified for a new government solar energy program.
    Discover if you're eligble now!

    ReplyDelete