Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bed Lift Idea

I want to add this to "the list":


This is a Chalet, I think stock too. Right now we have the original boards from when the Aliner had a dinette where the permanent bed is now. It folds up okay, kinda hangs up a bit on the right side hinge. This looks a lot easier to deal with. I have two small shocks already. I doubt we'll need more than two as we are using an air mattress (that will be deflated for travel). Maybe next year?


5/27....I just found this bed lift option in a 2009 High Side Aliner on Danny's Campers website....I wish I lived closer to this place. I don't know if I like this yet, looks like it would be harder to get into the side compartments. I think I like the Chalet design better.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! the bed lift modification is just what i'm looking for . I have an aliner classis with sofa option....I never use the sofa and the bed lift would make it easier and more functional for me. Do you share directions? I'm a pretty good diy'er middle aged camping lady, but any little instruction would be so wonderful. ludd66y@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb O from Canada . I love your idea . I think I can figure the bed frame out , but what did you do with the electric parts and the propane detector . Where did you move them to? Please reply to debbieo@tnt21.com Thank you Deb O

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cool! I am going to do the same thing to my Aliner LE. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete